This video Introduction to the Golden Bay/Mohua Affordable Housing Project gives a 7 minute overview of the project. This 30 minute narrated PowerPoint presentation goes into more detail.
- 2021 - June: Radio NZ's 'The Detail' did a story on the project. Here is a download of the interview
- 2021 - June: Chris Bennett was interviewed on Magic Talk Radio about the project. Here is a download of the interview.
- 2021 - May: Stuff Article on support from Tasman District Council for project
- 2021 - May: Short article from Lifemark's newsletter on incorporating the needs of the disabled into our designs
- 2021 - February: Stuff Article on Community Support for Golden Bay/Mohua Affordable Housing Project
- 2021 - February: Golden Bay Weekly article on the housing crisis and how our project is trying to help address it
- 2020 - December: Stuff Article on Progress
- 2020 - December: Golden Bay Weekly Article on the Project Launch Meeting
- 2020 - November: Golden Bay Weekly Article on the Golden Bay/Mohua Affordable Housing Project
- 2020 - November: Stuff Article on the Golden Bay/Mohua Affordable Housing Project
- 2020 - November: Golden Bay Weekly Article on the housing crisis
Reports, Papers and Studies
- 2021 - Ministerial Briefing Paper on Funding for Affordable Housing
- 2020 - Concept Proposal: Golden Bay/Mohua Affordable Housing Project
- 2020 - Golden Bay Housing Study Data
- 2021 - May: Sustainability Hui Meeting on Affordable Housing in Golden Bay
- 2021 - April: Project Update for the Golden Bay Community Board
- 2021 - April: Motueka Tiny House Expo Project Overview
- 2021 - February: Project Overview (with narration)
- 2020 - December: Project Launch Meeting - Project Overview (with narration)
- 2020 - Short Overview of the Project
- 2021 - Introduction to the Golden Bay/Mohua Affordable Housing Project
- 2021 - The layout of the first house to be built (May 10)
- Takaka Cohousing Neighbourood Project
- March 2021 article from Stuff on Queenstown project with progressive ownership apartments where the Trust owns the land
Radio New Zealand has a brilliant series on the housing crisis (about 10 minutes a video)
- Episode 1: Housing Stress
- Episode 2: Meet the Developers
- Episode 3: Goodbye to the Dream
- Episode 4: Is Growth a Problem?
- Episode 5: The Awkward Threesome
- Episode 6: Lessons from the Rubble
- Episode 7: Do We Have a NZ Style?
- Episode 8: Is the RMA a Dog?
- Episode 9: A House or a Home?
- Episode 10: The Covid Effect
The '99% Invisible' podcast series 'Acording to Need' looks into homelessness in California and asks the question 'what are we doing to get people into housing'. While focused on the US, many of the issues are faced here in New Zealand. Very thought provoking and insightful. If you only have time for one, try Episode 3 which describes how they compared the progressive model of moving homeless people into homes compared to giving them homes first. The results will surprise you.